Thursday, December 6, 2007

Quickly, quickly ....

Lord have mercy, what a different a month makes. Okay, maybe it's been closer to two months, but it's all happened so fast that - in my time - it feels like no more than a week. So ... short and sweet:

To Amsterdam and back (again), found a new job, handed in my resignation, and finally .... to Amsterdam and back (yes ... again!). As of December 17th, you'll find me (more) gainfully employed by the following institution: www.amnhexpeditions.com. There are plenty of perks, so get at me if you're ever in NYC and want to see the mummies, the whales or the dinosaurs. There will be plenty of travel, and since this has turned into more of a travel blog than a daily destination, the new job will surely provide lots of fantastic opportunities in exotic destinations. I'll keep you all apprised.

On a side note: I've spoken previously about the somewhat lax security process at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport. Seems someone's been ratting me out, as my experience trying to get back to JFK yesterday was more like a game of "search and destroy." Seriously, I haven't been felt up like that since high school! And by a Dutch woman obviously of sturdy country stock. The least she could have done was offered to buy me dinner, but no. Instead of "wine and dine" I got "feel and flee." Really .... I feel so .... violated. And used ... like a cheap wooden shoe thrown out to the canals ... ;-)

Anyways, must be off now. More to come .... talk to you all soon!

No comments: